Looking for a career in the Cannabis industry?
Cannaspire is hiring industry experienced Business Professionals, Consultants, and Crew Members to become a part of our growing team.
The cannabis industry is growing quickly where more states and countries are recognizing the potential recreational and medical uses of cannabis each passing day. With a rising industry comes a rise in businesses that demand high quality, knowledgeable advisers to consult with to abide by local and national laws and secure their day to day business operations.
That’s where Cannaspire comes in.
With our cannabis business expertise, we can provide our clientele with the tools they need to help secure their business’s success.
The legal cannabis industry is undergoing unprecedented growth and expansion. Multiple new states are releasing medical and adult-use regulations, and the interest in starting new businesses within this sector is at an all-time high. Business license applications have become highly competitive with only top- scoring applicants achieving state licensing. The licensing process requires a focused team that can collaborate to create a complete and highly scored application. The Cannaspire team is a full-service consulting firm helping clients to develop their business strategies from market entry to exit with a strong record of winning business license applications across the country. Our team assists with facility design and workflows, the development of application materials, standard operation procedures, and employee handbooks. Whatever the client may need to maximize their potential for success within the nascent cannabis industry.
We have immediate need for a technical writer capable of reading and understanding state legal code surrounding business license applications and developing highly scored application materials based upon state criteria. This position contributes directly to the success of our clients and the Cannaspire team.
Position Duties May Include:
- Research, write, and edit business license application documents based upon state legal code such as policies, processes, and procedures
- Keeping track of project materials and collaborate with management and team members to create a thorough and comprehensive set of application documents
- Read and understand state and jurisdictional legal code surrounding business license applications
- Coordinate projects with management and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines for materials development
- Edit materials as needed
- Respond to feedback and make corrections or amendments to improve writing
- Assist the Regulatory Compliance team in developing facility audit forms, checklists, and even potentially articles for marketing and press
- Draft pitch decks and other business and financial documents
- Stay educated and current on industry best practices Minimum Qualifications:
- 3+ years of professional writing experience including applications, requests for proposals (RFPs), business plans, and/or standard operating procedures
- Persuasive, stylistically correct, and precise writing
- Ability to collaborate with a team on projects and take direction and criticism • Proactively seek guidance and direction on the development of written materials
- A Bachelor’s degree in pre-law, journalism, communications, sciences, or an equivalent level of education
- The ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to research and understand state and federal laws surrounding the operations of cannabis businesses, including industry best practices, and technical processes
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize projects, and produce complete materials upon request
- The ability to adapt to changing regulations or client needs and work well with others in a professional manner
- A passion for the cannabis industry and knowledge of cannabis business operations
- Subject matter expertise in cannabis retail, manufacturing, cultivation, delivery, or distribution
- Must have experience in one of the 3 areas: writing and winning cannabis business license applications, writing SOP’s, and business plan writing
- Legal expertise or experience with cannabis legal code, or state and federal codes surrounding GMP, GAP, ISO, or QAQC
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties associated with this position. This listing may not be a complete account of the duties and responsibilities of this position. Employee duties and responsibilities may change at any time without notice.
Cannaspire is an equal opportunity employer. Cannaspire does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying mental or physical disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Have any questions?
You can connect with us directly on LinkedIn, Email, or our Contact Form. Links are just below!